Acupuncture and Infertility
Acupuncture has a long history of helping infertile couples. Research is available which demonstrates that acupuncture can help on both psychological and physiological levels.
The acupuncturist looks for obstructions of the muscles and nerve channels and the needles are placed in the muscle at the depth where the obstruction occurs. This relaxes the muscle enabling several things to happen:
- Increased supply of blood to the uterus and ovaries creating a rich environment for the embryo.
- Improved blood supply to the area brings the body’s naturally produced chemicals and hormones to the area that enables healing to occur.
- Impurities can be addressed from the areas of blockages such as PCOS, Endometriosis.
- Balances endocrine system
- Increase the chance of pregnancy for women undergoing in-vitro fertilisation (IVF).
Chinese Medicine also puts a focus on correcting any imbalances in the menstrual cycle such as irregularities in length and amount of blood as well as painful menses. If there is a smooth menstrual cycle this can increase the chance of success.
There is no risk of unwanted side effects with acupuncture. It is based on thousands of years of knowledge, is both herb and drug free and offers patients a viable alternative or complementary treatment to Western treatments.